One of Cambrian Credit Union’s five core values is Community Involvement. To us, this means a commitment to giving back to community charities, agencies, and not-for-profit organizations both big and small in a number of different ways, whether it be donations (both monetary and in-kind), sponsorships, or providing volunteers.
Here at Cambrian we are committed to donating at least 1% of our pre-tax income to charity every year. The organizations which we select to receive our support fall into five core areas:
- United Way
- Health & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Community Care
Cambrian is proud to support a wide array of programs, activities, and endeavors in our community and beyond. While we would love to consider and contribute to every request, we choose to focus on our five core areas as part of our commitment to community involvement.
It is for this reason that we must narrow down the field of requests which we will consider. It is our hope that even when a request cannot be granted, that this group or individual will benefit from Cambrian’s support to another group or organization. The following will be excluded from receiving additional support from Cambrian:
- United Way supported agencies, as Cambrian provides support directly to United Way
- Where cash donations are requested, groups not registered by Canada Revenue Agency as registered charitable organizations
- Groups organized outside of Manitoba
- Individual pursuits (individuals looking for money for personal pursuits)
- Individuals or groups looking for support where support has already been granted to their larger umbrella organization (ex: sports team where the league is already supported)